View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #24
brokeAs240sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
brokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond reputebrokeAs240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripster View Post
You have to join that sanctioning body, SCCA, BMWCCA, etc., so you can earn points in their respective series. No need to join an 'autox' team.

Here's my Q: My car is basically stock besides the f/r STBs and 17" spec V rims -- no lowering springs. I ran in DSP, am I handicapping myself? Should i run in STS or STX?
You are SERIOUSLY handicapping yourself - basically any car that is not "fully prepped" in any class is handicapping themselves - also depends on your competitors, but for the most part, yea.

You can easily put on some stock rims & run GS.

Of course, if you don't care about placing (which usually doesn't happen during the first year or so anyway), then run what you brung - figure out where you stand w/ respect to whatever class you eventually want to be in, then start modding your car toward the maximum limits of that class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillzilla View Post
As far as RUCAs being allowed in STS/STX, take a look at this:

"Camber kits may be installed on vehicles that do not have McPherson strut type suspensions."

240's have Mac Struts in the front but not the rear, so does that mean RUCAs are allowed because they are (obviously) not installed in the front? Or does it mean they are not allowed since the car as a whole IS equipped with mac struts?
You may have something there, maybe RUCA's are not allowed. Two ways @ this.

1) Don't install RUCA's - or just do the bushings + stock ruca's.

2) Ask your fellow competitors locally if they mind if you run that class w/ a RUCA - for the most part, no one cars unless you are in contention for 1st place.

Most famous STS 240sx build up (stock ruca + bushings) - don't think this build up is on Zilvia, so linking to where I found it: http://forums.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=139581