View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 10:03 AM   #77
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't had much time to get anything done, so I decided to trim the last bit off excess crap off of the throttle body. Slowly but surely I will get this car finished.

I also did a little work on smoothing out the inside of the throttle body where the two pieces were welded together.

I stripped one of the studs on the intake manifold side of the head due to the increased thickness of the thermal gaskets. It was clear that I needed to make my own so I swooped by Lowes and picked up some M8x1.25 threaded rod and some slightly longer bolts to replace the factory ones.

I threw the two thermal gaskets on there so that you can see how much thickness is actually added. Had I known any better, I would have had the upper intake manifold welded to the lower runners to eliminate that second gasket. That shit is too difficult to source on it's own and I didn't want to run two thermal gaskets. I had my factory gasket but it was in absolutely terrible shape.

Put in some work today to get the engine back to a point that it hasn't been in for a long time. Valve covers were powder coated but there are still several components that need to be cleaned up. I was getting sick of parts sitting all around the garage and couldn't wait any longer to put this thing back together. I still have so much left to do, but I feel accomplished today. I managed to get the Wiring Specialties pro series harness installed as well. Now that the harness is in place, I can go back to the interior and finish up some things in there. The harness tucked in really nicely and it was a dream working with new connectors. Usually all of my connectors are stuck or broken.

If anyone needs anything from Wiring Specialties, you can use discount code ERIKDRIFT at checkout for 10% off your entire order.

Sent from my iPhone