Thread: Ka24det FAQ
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 08:31 AM   #322
KyrinBingaman

Trader Rating: (0)
KyrinBingaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by XakkGrill View Post
It's probably been posted, but I cant find it.

What is the KA24DE block and crank rated for?
Excerpt from a google search on the KA, from this forum:

The weak part in the ka motor are the pistons, followed by the rods. Martin at Enthalpy advised me to really not push the rods passed 400wtq. And with a stock, non rebuilt motor you are going to blow it fairly quickly, if you dont spin a bearing first. I don't have faith that e85 and a good headgasket are enough to keep the motor together.

Most friends and people i have seen are able to keep their KA's together for more than a couple events when using a t28 making ~300hp and less torque. After that the motors seem to really drop off steeply.
A local (nismofanatic/Cory) managed 500whp on a stock block KA, not tracked, and it did not last long at all on that power. And prior to that he ran around 400 i believe and he said he was rebuilding motors on a regular basis.

If i were you, i would try and aim for 300-350ish whp and less torque. Stay off the limiter or set it lower and pray the rest of the motor is in good shape. I have seen plenty of t25/t28 KA cars that can "keep up" with much faster cars because of their drivers.
Use a turbo that spools quickly and take advantage of the KA's low end torque.

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=587619

Link to the original thread, hope this helps!
KyrinBingaman is offline   Reply With Quote