View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 12:10 PM   #7
splitfire
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
splitfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
I'm confused. If you're running ID1000 you need to pick that in the wizard or your VE will be completely off. If that's correct it should start and idle in the ballpark without much effort at all, especially if your base timing is synced and the IACV is functioning properly. If idle is high or low in rpm you just tune that in the idle tab as you let the car get up to temp (which is really easy, just set the targets and add or pull % of the air), then turn on idle FB.
I was confused as well, I should say. I firstly fitted ID1000, picked them in the wizard and start/idle weren't even somewhere near the ballpark. Yes I admit that ignition was advanced by 10-15 degrees before syncing but it couldn't be a reason for such an awful engine starting/running.

AEM wizard selection and InjFlowRate table:

Injector Dynamics website data(they deleted this info from the site but Internet Archive saved a copy):

I surely shall try ID1000 again, once I get familiar with the EMS and tune calibration on the DW 440cc injectors. If I understand correctly, a mere changing of injectors shouldn't affect engine behavior with VE based model ECU.
splitfire is offline   Reply With Quote