View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 10:18 PM   #13
mav1178
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (19)
mav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfectionmav1178 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
Oh my opinion was based on comparing them to other companies outside of Japan. Even then, they are bending you over with shipping. Every time I'm feeling a bit frisky and take a purchase on their site all the way to the shipping page, I kind of laugh at how much they tack on. Get you in the door with a "low price" and then hit you on the back end, hoping you won't notice.
Yeah and you're still comparing apples to oranges.

I'm not going to type an entire post explaining how an importer works versus direct sell out of Japan, but 1) you're paying close to retail rates on a box shipped from overseas, and 2) most of these sites give you spot rate on exchange rates versus the importer fronting the money weeks/months in advance and taking the risk of any large changes in USD to JPY conversion.

If you actually ship international often, you'll quickly realize how cheap their rates are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Nengun?

Oh trust me, I notice.

Their shipping is basically the Part Price.

Nismo Bumper $1300, shipping? Update - just tried it - shipping - $3,000
What's the issue? If you're sending a bumper by air, retail spot rates of $2000+ is normal given the box size (roughly 1.5M3).

Even ocean is hard to quote because unless you ship these regularly, you can't compare against LCL ocean goods.

Distributor for Nismo, ORC, and discontinued genuine Nissan parts.

Authorized dealer for Oakley -- PM me for the best prices!

[email protected]
mav1178 is offline   Reply With Quote