View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 10:48 AM   #68
canadians14sr20det

Trader Rating: (0)
canadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
make sure the engine exhaust system does not contact the chassis in any point. If you use a hanger for the exhaust to drivetrain, tie it to the trans crossmember like a factory mount (use the same sort of bushing the OEM uses).

I think you are having two issues. One is the mounting/vibration/noise related to the way the trans and exhaust system is mounted.

The other, resonance/vibration at specific RPM under load sounds like a pinion angle issue. The trans tail shaft and differential input flange need to be at identical angles (equal and opposite), with the trans higher than the differential so the driveshaft has a downward slope.
So I have run the car without exhaust, ensuring nothing is touching in any way. Vibration is still present.

Also the vibration is present with the car in gear and clutch in. The pinion angle was measured and set correctly. Its also not speed sensitive. I'm positive it's not driveshaft related.

There is another thread about this on here where the op mentioned it may be caused by worn input shaft bearings allowing some slop. Thats gonna get replaced when/if I do a mazworx vq->Sr bell housing. Next up is the damper on the side of the tranny and then the ATI super damper. Transmission rebuild and new bellhousing is the last resort.
canadians14sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote