View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 09:51 AM   #87
canadians14sr20det

Trader Rating: (0)
canadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nicecanadians14sr20det is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
With a sprung transmission mount isn't the driveshaft angle going to be variable while driving the car and over bumps etc? That seems like it might introduce some weird vibrations.

Kudos to you for actually finding the source though. Interesting that the characteristics of the I4 engine introduce this vibration to the transmission that doesn't happen with the V6.
You're totally right, springs alone would do some wacky things for driveline angle. When I finish designing my trans mount I'll be posting it here. I think the key is to have the springs "hover" the transmission just above and below bump stops. So any large bump has the trans hit a rubber bump stop that limits the change in angle. That being said if you were to watch how much a stock mount moves it's easily half an inch if not a full inch.
canadians14sr20det is offline   Reply With Quote