Thread: Chase Bays
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #142
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
So I've ordered a couple of chase bay items and it seems like I ran into an issue with them.
Ive ordered :
Power steering line with OIL COOLER
Brake line kit
Booster delete
and now Tucked radiator with dual fans
Clutch line

I ordered a tucked radiator from them. I got the item within a timely manner, no probs there. My issue is with the radiator itself. I paid a pretty penny for it and included the dual fans. So I got it and it was perfect shape. What i noticed is 2 things.

1. The 2 flanges on the side needed to be 1/2 inch longer so if I wanted to use OEM mounting points, I could. I had to drill holes into the frame to mount. The holes were close to the edge of the flange and on the edge of the metal frame, where I mounted.

2. The flanges were not pre-drilled or slotted. Now I was able to make due with the help of my dad and his drill setup @ his shop. But if I was someone without this resource I would be screwed and would have to find something. If someone wanted to install and go, it would be delayed. I really feel that if someone was to order a pricy item, such as this. This should have been taken care as part of assembly for the item so that it is a true "BOLT IN" and hassle free item.

Ive had my snags and such with items and shipping and delays. But I was on top of my game and they were too. Hopefully the fellas @ chasebay understands where I am coming from, being a consumer, and add these 2 features for their radiators. Some consumers are not as mechanically inclined or such so I can only imagine their frustration with this.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote