View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 01:58 AM   #666
Gavster
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Gavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfectionGavster is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Gavster
Oh man you guys are in a frenzy for an update huh??? Ill answer q's first!

spikNspan, no way, not even close to being done!

wonkuuzenki, send me a PM, you can def come by!

So and small update for those who asked! The crazy end-of semester time is destroying my ability to really put good time into the car in the last few weeks I did get to work on it today a bit which was nice! Since its been painted, Ive mostly been doing bits of assembly work. The doors, locks, etc have been put together (nothing worth documenting) and today I started putting together the brakes/hydraulic system. I need to put the new flare fitting into the Z32 master cyl still but I mounted it up anyhow. I also installed some brand new OEM pads for now that will work to get the car up and running (some other good pads later!), SPL SS lines, cleaned up the rusty rotors, and all the nasty caliper parts. In addition, I finished cutting away excess metal under the wheel tubs, and undercoated it! I know this sort of update isnt the most exciting, but this sort of assembly work will be fairly dominating in the next month of so while Im on my winter break. Next weekend Im shooting for my motor install, finishing my rear brakes/lines this week, and setting up the clutch lines so look out for that! With any luck at all, it will be road worthy in the spring! Here are a few shots of the work today:

Pair o' masters!

Parts to be installed, R33 GTST calipers + hardware, OEM Sumitomo Pads

NASTY rotor

Clean rotor, I <3 wire wheels!

Nastiness + Scotch brite, steel wool:

Bolted up

Lines too! Still waiting on hew hardlines

Tubs free of excess metal, tons of room at full lock!

Mmmm rubberized coatings...mmmmmm

Coated! No rustiness from here on!

Thanks, and hope you all enjoyed the boring update