View Single Post
Old 03-29-2022, 09:36 AM   #10
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
I also haven't had a chance to go through your write up. But I saw in a youtube video a recommendation to reverse the polarity on the mode door motor by taking it apart. I just had this revelation going through chu's wiring write up for s14.

The jdm fsm has +def/-vent for pin number 7 at the mode door motor. the usdm fsm reads +vent/-def at the same pin. Why is this confusing, because if you flip it around +def/-vent is on pin 8.

I'm sure you probably caught this. But I felt it was worth mentioning. I'd much rather swap two wires instead of taking apart the motor itself.
Yea, I think we watched the same youtube video.

I originally was like that too much work, so as you did I just swapped over the pins. When I plugged it in however, the motor moved the lever all the way back and would not move after that.

At that point I was like maybe you just have to take it apart and reverse it for some odd reason. However when I did that it did the same thing as above.

It will just move the lever back and the commands will not work. It will only work unless I have it as it was intended in the JDM schematics.

Now, however I think I know the issue (unless you found out something), but I noticed ALL of the pins on the usdm one our reversed not just 7 & 8 (I dont know how I just caught that).

So I decided to make me a proper test bench at home and I'm going to test this by wiring it up to the USDM schematics with a spare intake actuator when I have the chance.