View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 03:27 PM   #191
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
Exactly! If people are wondering if they'll be able to squeak by with enough money to get the engine setup done...don't bother going down that road, because it always ends up costing more then you think it will. My engine/transmission setup is a $40,000 setup and counting...Once it's all done, I'll see how it does on the track and if it doesn't make me satisfied, I'll be going RB32.
Geezus christ. Is this car going to be professionally campaigned in some race series to make some of that money back? Please tell me that build isn't for a street car that only sees occasional drift days at the track...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
When is anyone really satisfied with the power level they have? We constantly push envelopes and yearn for more.
Depends on your purpose for the car. A 1:10 power to weight ratio usually leaves me pretty happy in most situations. But I see your point. As enticing as it is, I think the VET swap is far too extreme a mod for modest goals like mine.