View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #7
nwg916

Trader Rating: (0)
nwg916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by inopsey View Post
if the s14 condenser has a different flow design the internal size will be different as well. if you charge ac based on weight, your required freon amount will be different than either a s13 or s14 system if you try to mash the 2 systems together. save yourself the headache and the large possibility that your ac will run worse than it does now and leave it alone.

edit
forgot the useful part.

you will get further cooling by doing a good recharge ie. change out the dryer, pull a vacuum for as long as you can (6+hrs) to remove all water etc. flush the lines, and ensure you have proper r134 pressures (you should be using a r134 sensor with the conversion?
s13 and s14 systems take almost the same exact amount of refrigerant according to the fsm's. s13 take 1.8 - 2.0 pounds of r12. Converted to r134a that would be 1.55 lbs of refrigerant. s14's take 1.32 - 1.54 lbs of r134a. I have just recently flushed and replaced every single component in my system besides a new compressor and a new condenser and the pressure switch because the compressor I had worked fine and you can't find new condensers any where now. Would the pressure switch cause issues when idling. It shouldn't right? Its just supposed to switch the compressor off if the system gets too high or too low. All of my pressures are normal. The only issue i'm having with the system is it getting warm when idling or at a stop which is because of the design of the stock s13 condenser. I dont think swapping the condensers would be too big of a headache honestly just cant seem to find anyone who has done it to see how difficult it was.
nwg916 is offline   Reply With Quote