stockbee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
stockbee is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stockbee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krinkov View Post
stock rear.

and it BOLTS RIGHT UP!! it needs a 3mm spacer here for the correct offset, you need to trim/remove the dust cover thats all, the brembo brake line even screws right in!
This is a question to anyone really.

BACKGROUND: I've done some extensive searching on the parts necessary to do a STI caliper on the rear of an S14 and I'm coming up with some conflicting information.

What I'm running.

-Stock S14 rear knuckle/hub assembly
-STi Rear Calipers
-Z32 DBA one piece slotted rear rotors.
-Hawk rear pads.
-S14 stainless stoptech rear brake lines.

My Question: I've seen on several threads and blogs conflicting information on how to effectively space the rotor to the caliper in order to achieve even placement of the rotor relative to the caliper when installed. I've seen @krinkov report that 3MM is sufficient, and I've seen it reported that 5mm of space is needed also.

Photo of what I'm referring to for reference:

In the picture I have three open ended lug nuts holding the rotor fast to the hub so that this is the position it will be in if I were to install wheels and go drive. Definitely not centered.

See how the caliper is in a fixed position. If you put washers in between the bolts that fix the caliper on to the knuckle, you only push the caliper outwards, and that only magnifies the problem! I am not a fan of offsetting the rotor by putting washers in between the hub and the rotor as this car will be getting tracked quite heavily and I want the rotors flush to the hubs.

I could have the caliper mounting ears turned down the appropriate amount but I don't want to ruin the structural integrity of the piece.

Any assistance on this is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by stockbee; 05-02-2015 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: added narrative.
stockbee is offline   Reply With Quote