View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #65
techn9ne
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
techn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to techn9ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnappletree14 View Post
i have a ?. im putting my ka24de s14 back into my s14 its a 95. i want to know if i can pass smog with some header i have. i believe they are obdx headers they have the egr value connectors and so if i install before i drop it in will it pass smog, or would it be better to just put on the regular exhaust manifold and pass smog and then change it?
it depends. if you get mr by the book smog tech, he will look at the headers and look for a CARB exemption # or an EO (executive order) #. if those arent there, he will fail it on the spot.

if you get the guy that doesnt really care, as long as he sees that the headers have the egr valve connectiors and all the vacuum lines and shit are connected, he probably wont give you grief.

i would just throw on the normal exhaust manifold just to be sure, since your already throwing a whole new engine into the KA, then just swap it later.
techn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote