View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #79
techn9ne
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
techn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to techn9ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud2b3black View Post
from what i read earlier it said that if i remove the light bulb for the check engine light then my car can pass smog? im not getting it exactly cause im really looking for a place to smog my car non-legally but if thats all i have to do then let get that done. i know that the check engine light is part of the visual inspection part only so how else would it fail?

1996 zenki 240sx
for your car, since it is obd2, you cannot pull the check engine light bulb if it is on. 96+ cars we plug into the smog machine and it reads codes directly from the ecu. and you cannot just disconnect the battery either, since the machine will fail you for having incomplete readiness monitors. and to expand a little more, on 95 and older cars, if the check engine light is on, you automatically fail the inspection. if the check engine light doesnt work, you automatically fail the inspection. both of these rules apply to all cars, but since we dont plug 95 and older cars into the smog machine, and the bulb is off, (disconnected or not lit) and the guy does not bother to check if it works, then you will at least have a chance to pass, as long as your car runs the rest of the test fine (visual and tailpipe)
techn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote