Thread: Ca18det FAQ
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 09:26 AM   #249
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if anyone has figured out the A/C problem. The CA18 OEM compressor has the lines in the same config as KA24DE or SR compressors, but the compressor mounts in the same style as the KA24E or RB, two bolts from the bottom + one long bolt from the front, instead of four bolts from the side like the KA24DE and SR. So it's an oddball of a compressor.

If your CA still has the compressor on it, it should work with KA24DE A/C lines, but it's a 30 year old R12 compressor. I suspect if you tried to use a KA24E compressor, even if the pulley lined up (I don't think it will, but you might be able to swap over the clutch/pulley assembly), the KA24E lines might hit the CA power steering pump.

Edit: did some more looking and I think there's some chance the KA24E compressor and lines might work with a pulley swap. The line config is the same as the RB and the RB has the PS pump in the same place as the CA. Maybe also try a newer KA24E compressor for a late model D21.

I also think the Z32 compressor is a good candidate for a direct swap or again maybe with a pulley swap. VG30E '89-'94 Maxima compressors also look close though the pulley spacing is definitely different.

Last edited by AKADriver; 10-21-2022 at 08:01 AM..
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote