Thread: $500 s13 hatch
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
DinoMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
DinoMan is an unknown quantity at this point
$500 s13 hatch

So my brother and i just picked up an s13 for $440. 215k miles 1990 s13 hatch pignose. We went to check it out and mechanical wise something is wrong with the timing. The guy said the timing chain had alot of slack in it before and ran like crap so he replaced the timing chain and now it doesnt start. He claims that he put it in correctly and all the marks lined up. When he cranks it a puff of smoke comes out the back and it cranks but no start. But for the car i think its not too bad for the price. The paint is oxidized but mostly just on the hood, the fender is a little smashed in by the headlight, the left rear caliper is out and drags a little and the right headlight doesnt go down on its own. The interior is in pretty decent shape and the dash has one small area thats peeling. I'll try and get pics up tomorrow since its dark outside and he deleted his original post off craigslist already. But in the meantime does anybody have any suggestions as to the car not starting? any help is appreciated.
Im excited to get to work with another 240 and further my knowledge with 240's past my s14 I'm going to be using this thread as kind of a progress thread to document the restore/"build" of the car.

Pics from before we started any work.

Taking off the front end for paint

Removal of hatch to close up spoiler holes and take care of rust under the spoiler

Last edited by DinoMan; 08-04-2011 at 02:56 PM..
DinoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links