View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 04:45 PM   #17
AceInHole
Autox Technician

Trader Rating: (0)
AceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfectionAceInHole is close to perfection
travis' sig makes his car look like he's got chrome fender lining on his left front fender that's hilarious.

Anyways, on with the post:

1. I'm wondering how much weight you'd save taking out something like the windsheild washer fluid resivoir. I was thinking about tapping a cap for one of the bottles you can buy the stuff in, and running a hose to the trunk of the car where I'd have the bottle strapped in place. Then just unscrew the cap and take the bottle out when going to an event on a sunny day.

2. Does anyone else lay the back seat and passenger seat as far down as possible to try and pretend like you have a lower CG when you do that??

3. I bought some intake hose from Pepboys. It was on sale for like $2, for a length of 4" flexi- hose. I used it to make a "ghetto" cold air intake, leaving the filter in the stock position and running hoses from the filter down to the fender area. I could sort of feel a difference.... but that was while I was still NA.

4. I was wondering... if "leaner is meaner"... if you could bore out the stock MAF a bit to try and lean out the stock fuel curve.... I suppose using a very small resistor on the MAF signal wire might do the same thing.... maybe I'll try that out on my friend's car

Finally: DSC: why not keep the stock dust sheilds and cut a hole in them to mount the ducting to?? There should be an equivolant sized duct flange (for where you aim the duct out a window in normal use) that you could rivet to the dust sheild.