View Single Post
Old 12-03-2023, 09:19 AM   #42
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
For a long time i wanted to put some stereo in the car that was fitting the OEM style. But unfortunally i couldnt find any solution on my requirement of reverse camera and bluetooth.

So I just accepted that i had to go double DIN.
First off, i had to create a quick bracket for the 6,5" JBL Club 622

And as the doorpanels were off, i thought i might as well clean up the speaker-grill.

As Black Friday came closer, i found a pretty good deal on a Pioneer DMH-A240BT and set of Alpine SXE-4625S 4x6 speakers for the rear.

I did add thick speaker cables to the car a long time ago, so the install was pretty easy.

Out with the old and in with the new

Also, As i now have removed the equalize, its up for grabs if anyone is interested. I do not have the wire harness, so i dont even know if it works. But it does have a cool 80s vibe!

Also because of black friday, i bought something else. I wont mention anything, but the fit on these

And as the exterior have to be painted in the start next year, it was about time to install the replica TypeX spoiler. The spoiler had 4 holes for m6 bolts, but i wanted to convert it to studs instead, so some m6 threaded rod, an anglegrinder and a bit of engineering and its done.

Unfortunally i also had to drill out some holes under, so i could install nuts. I hate i had to drill holes, but there was some support around the wiper motor, so it was impossible to get a bolt or not in there.

It got some zinc primer added to the holes, so theres no bare metal. and again, it will be painted soon.

As the last thing, i bought a 6x70->6x74mm adapter for my Nardi wheel, so i could remove the snap-off. But now the horn button is to close to the steering-shaft, so it cant be installed. So now i need a spacer for my adapter...