View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 02:17 PM   #45
Jyttah
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jyttah is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally its time for another update.
After hours of working with fitting the intercooler, i removed it again. The piping just didnt fit proberly, so im removing it for not, and get custom pipes at a later time. For now i just want to have a finished car. Then the modifications can come later.

First of, a set of new front lower control arms, as the old bushings were very old and crusty

Also designed a reverse camera holder instead og the keyhole. Its not perfect, and it will be changed in the future, but for now, its pretty desent.

I also did some testing with an open airfilter, and i really liked the noise, but thats very illegal and will get me straight to jail if the police finds out

So i also went back to stock - for now

Even though its a project-car, i still drive it when its off the jackstands and the weather is dry enough

I had to do some modifications to the front coilovers to adjust the camber enough so the wheels wont touch the coilover

The car is as low as i want, and pretty much ready for an alignment

I booked a time for the allignment, and with my luck, the exhaust is to low for the machine to connect left/right side. So no allignment for me :/

Anyway, then i worked on the aircups airhose so i can get that working. Its still not, but its getting closer
I did connect the front and route the airhose to the back.

I tried to hide the hose as good as possible behind the power steering lines, and it works pretty well. I also threw together some 3D printed brackets. Works perfect!

Sometimes something shows up that you cant say no to. This happend to me. A guy has been collecting damaged S13s for many years and took a bunch of parts of them to use for his own car. But after he sold the car, all the parts were in the day. So thats where I might have bought it all.

There was A LOT! I had to drive twice to pick it all up with a big ass trailer (in Danish standards) I already sold a bunch that i wont use myself (Mainly because the parts are from a LHD S13, and i have a RHD S13)

Some of the parts im keeping for my self is 6 pcs OEM Teardrops (so now i have 11 pcs) a CA18DET engine, complete trunk interior and a lot of other small pieces

And because i have another engine, i also got a great deal on a set of JE pistons

So now i might as well build a fully forged engine when all my other projects are done

By some reason i really like the Teardrop wheels

And because i have 11 wheels, and only one OEM centercap, i designed new ones to 3D print.
I created some with both the OEM logo, but also the oldschool Nismo logo. They can be downloaded here:
[IMG]https://cults3d.com/en/users/jyttah/3d-models

Yet another plan is to get rid of all the blue hoses in the enginebay.

As i love to spend money, i finally received my seats that i ordered for black friday.

I bought a set of cheap seat rails, but they sit a bit to high in the car, so after a few hours on Yahoo auctions, i found a Bride seat rail. Unfortunally the rail and seats mounting holes didnt match. So i had to get a friend to modifi the rails. It was lasercut and powdercoated. I still havent picked it up, but ive seen pictures, and it looks to good!

As every other S13, the inner door handles were starting to crack, so i had to do some plastic"welding". Bought a cheap welding gun in the ebay. and it worked perfect. Hopefuly the door handle wont crack now

And yes, i found Boss coffee in europe!

K thx bye!