View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 01:47 PM   #1
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
93 240sx Hoosier State Project

My name is Lawrence King II I'm from Indianapolis, Indiana and I like mainly 80's-90's japanese cars.

Been into cars since I was a little kid. My dad owned a 1996 Toyota TT Supra Automatic. He would drive me around in that thing with the targa top off and it was the best thing ever.

He is a major car head and that is why I am one. He bought me Gran Turismo 1 with a steering wheel and I remember I would play the shit out of that game on my PS1. Constantly trying to beat laptimes at the age of 5 haha. I am such a huge Gran Turismo fan I even joined the forums in 2010 and tried to race competitively with other people like me.

I always told myself I was going to get a sports car like my dad. I always wanted a supra and thought I would get me one once I was like 27 or something. I still think I can get one but....

At 17 I was looking for a car, as I wanted a car to drive to highschool with. I originally wanted a Mr2 as I am a huge toyota fan but I was having a hard time finding one and so, I decided I would just get me another cool japanese car and trade for one eventually. Thats when I saw a rx7 but I was too scared to work on the rotary so my last option was a 240sx. Thing is I had always thought the 240sx was such a ugly car back then but I told myself "this would just be temporary". So my mom drives me to greenfield, Indiana and we go look at it and for some reason I will never forget that day.

As I started to drive pass the local walmart I see the car. The owner had his hand out the window with his cigarette. The car was sitting on these 17" wheels with primer. For some reason the car just looked so damn badass to me at that point. I was like damn.

So he took me for a test drive and immediatly I was hooked. Was such a awesome car. One thing that really sold me were the automatic seatbelts haha. So I went to the bank and got my 1700 dollars I saved up all summer and got it. It smelled like cat piss and overall needed help but I knew I was going to get this thing looking right. Well that is until I got hit by a semi truck 4 months after it being bought. I had just got it painted black too...

I was so depressed. I had loved that car. Had not been this sad in a long time. Immediately I asked my mom if she could just loan me some money I swore to her I would pay her back. Her limit was 1200 dollars. I was like ok. So I kept searching and finally found one. It was blue and he wanted 1500 dollars for it. So I asked if we could meet up and I was going to try to talk him down on the price.

We met up at Castleton Mall. We then begin to test drive and he starts to tell me about the car and I am like "yea I know I used to own one". He then says "didnt you used to have a black one?". Im like oh shit yea, him and me had crossed paths before in our cars at this forum credit union bank like two days ago before I had wrecked my first one.

After exchanging a few words. He let me have it for only 900 dollars. I will never forget that day because it meant alot to me. I was so damn happy even though the car was in terrible shape. I told myself I was going to build this thing and make it something special.

The car had a messed up quarter panel, missing sunroof (eventually had to use cardboard and tape over it, rust on the door. It was a really beat up car but I did not care because I was going to make this car into something.

Ok so now I'm just going to try to keep this simple. I know we all hate reading haha.

The orignal owner of this car installed a aftermarket sunroof. Well apparently someone lost the glass to it and janked up this oem sunroof on top of the roof. I couldn't find the original sunroof glass online. So I bought a aftermarket sunroof and made a shop the cut the roof to fit the new one on.

After that I decided needed to get a maaco paint job and get rid of the rust and dents which is alot of money. So what did I do? I sold most of my shoes from my precious Air Jordan collection =(.

Car was looking like it was straight out the factory once it had the oem wheels.

Now its 2013, I'm about to graduate highschool. A few things happened before hand like needing a new clutch, breaking the suspension but the major one of them all was blowing up my KA on the highway. At this time I didn't know how to really work on cars, I typically had paid a shop to work on it. Thankfully a guy I met a long time ago saw me. Offered to swap in a new one for me, given that I provided the motor for only $200.

I will forever be thankful for you Thomas. You didnt have to stop in the middle of the highway and walk through it to help me out. Appreciate it

So once my car was back and running. I made a promise to myself that I would learn how to work on cars and make damn sure I do not give up on this project.

So Im starting community college and and working full time pushing carts at fucking sams club. So I stay pretty busy but I start saving up parts for my car. When i buy parts I tend to collect them and store them for a few months and install them all at once.

This is fall 2013 and I start to collect aero. (Vis racing replica bumper, Chuki Sideskirts, kouki wing, altezza lights, bride reps and some te37 replicas with really bad fitment).

Wanted to get it painted a different color with the new aero on it but didnt know which color to get. Then I saw this on zilvia.

Roadpirate car was just so damn sick. So I had chosen white for sure.

Spring 2014 I decided to start installing everything. First were the wheels (realised what fitment was and that my fitment was terrible). Then Seats (had to dye my carpet black first). Then send it to maaco.

Driver Fender was messed up during this time. Fixed it eventually.

Before & After from carpet being dyed

Finally finishing up being painted

I was driving around with bad fitment but did not care. Loved this car to death.

Took it to Import Alliance Kentuky with my friends MR2. Worst car event ever. Would never go again.

However after a year of it in this stage I decided I wanted more power. So I started saving up for a long time to buy a RB20. Then spent along time gathering parts for it. I was still pushing carts at Sams Club at this time so it took quite a long time haha.

Motor at my dads house

Did some work to it

All my parts I gathered summer 2015

(fall 2015- winter 2015)

Finally got motor in, was a pain in the ass to get it to start because I had no idea they made silver top rb20's with red top accessories. So I had to have wiring specialties create me a pre update harness.

I got my associate degree in mechanical engineering technology in dec of 2015 and got a job as a drafter for an electrical company. I began making alot more money but I had to start going to a public university which is more expensive. So I took a year off to save up money for school but to also save up parts.

I was not used to having so much money. Was huge jump from pushing carts in the snow 8 hours a day haha. I bought PBM coilovers, 5 lug hub conversion, new wheels and tires, kouki tail lights, ISR suspension and rb20 accessories.

Saleen SC Reps

Kouki Taillights

Pretty much everything.

Began 5 lug swap, install coils and to add wheels. Was so cool to finally see my car with at least decent fitment.

Its summer 2016 now and my car is finally driving right. It was alot of trial and error but was so damn worth it. This thing sounded sick. Bumper slightly off due to some of the passenger metal ripping off that held the top part of the bumper and fender together.

Now its fall 2016 and at this point I am wanting to make my car extremely clean and do everything the right way. I have mainly replica parts on my car and want to move on to genuine parts.

So I start to get a bit serious starting with the interior. Will update thread with that when I have time.

Last edited by JrDarknes; 07-01-2020 at 12:06 PM..
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links