View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 09:47 AM   #22
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Small update I guess.

A while back I drove to see a buddys car. One of the cleanest 240's to ever be in the state in my opinion. He unfortunately sold it.

While heading there apparently I cracked my oil pan. As soon as I arrived and stopped at his house oil spilled all over the street. He helped me out by letting me use some of his jb weld and we temporarily fixed it. After that we cruised back to my house

Realized the RB oil pan sat incredibly lower than the sub frame. (idk how i just had figured that out, should of been noticed that) I was told the only way to change the oil pan on it in the 240 was to have the engine on a hoise and drop the cross member.

Well my hoist got stolen and I needed this done as soon as possible because of certain circumstances at the time. So I winged it by raising the engine up with a jack and changing it while the cross member was still in place. Worst job I've ever done, would never do this again.

The mess I made trying to put it back on while having the strainer line up so I could bolt it on. Was very hard to fit the pan back in place with that damn crossmember. Made such a mess but cleaned it up afterwards.

After that whole fiasco I raised the engine up a 1" to make it flush with the crossmember and my friend with the red 240 gave me his PBM skidplate which I do appreciate. Thing is a life saver.

Then later within that month I figured out why my damn cars was running so hot at times. I drove without my front bumper on one day and it's temperatures dropped drastically, they were much better. So I unfortunately had to cut a hole in my front bumper =((. I really loved how the smooth front end was but oh well. Going to get a OEM one eventually. Plan is next year.

After that I got my quarterpanel fixed. When I fender rolled it, there was some bondo there and it cracked, so I had the shop redo it.

Replaced my carpet. I originally dyed it black but sometimes it would fade away so I think I did it wrong. Saw the stock interiors zilvia thread and it motivated me to buy it and try to install it myself.

Cant thank you guys enough for recommending the automotive goop and clamps. Helped out alot. I would use the goop and leave the clamp on the sides for a day to let it fully cure.

Converted my manual windows to automatic by using the conversion kit. I know alot of people suggest sourcing from a car that already had power windows but that was very hard for me. I bought the kit online and plenty of people told me it would not fit with the 240sx door card.

Well honestly I really got sick of cranking my windows with bucket seats. Its really annoying so I said screw them, I'm going to make this work regardless what anybody says and lord and behold I got it to work.

I have a DIY if anyone is interested, I haven't made a thread for it because I just assumed most people on here prefer manual windows.

Put my window switches where my coin holder used to be.

and thats pretty much the only updates with my car besides new speakers and hatch dampers. I was originally going to start working on the exterior this summer but thats going to wait til next year. I did however order those Auto Collect Bumper Fitment guides, just havent had time to install but should make the bumper fit much better. The plan is to get new wheels this fall and hopefully achieve the fitment I want and get a spare subframe and add a bunch of suspension bits this winter.

We will see though as things always come up =/

Last edited by JrDarknes; 12-10-2018 at 04:20 PM..
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote