View Single Post
Old 11-21-2023, 05:45 PM   #323
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
After the last event, I finally got around to fixing the seat mounting point. After drilling out the spot welds, removing it from the car, and inspecting it for cancerous rust, I decided the best course of action was to cut out the smashed section and replace it with some new metal, rather than trying to rebuild the entire mount point.

After a few trips to the welding supply shop I finally got my mig welder set up after sitting in the corner of the garage for over a year. I tried my best to harness everything I learned in metal shop in high school 15+ years ago, but I was far too rusty and had to phone a friend to finish up the job. Not the prettiest welds, but they got good penetration and the seat lined up perfectly, so I can't complain!

With the seat mounting point repaired, I finally installed the new carpet. Boy, I tell you what, I'm never doing that bullshit again! I tried to use the old carpet as a template, but everything ended up being way far off once I began installation. I got the driverside situated pretty nicely, but the passenger side was a headache. I still need to go back and tidy up a few sections, but an untrained eye would never notice the imperfections that were driving me crazy, especially with the Dmax floor mats in. So close to being done with the interior tune!

I can't currently run an actual headlight on the driver side, but I want to be able to drive at night. After a few beers and messing around with some brixxx, I got the dumb idea to steal the projector and put it in my position light.

A few beers, some precise dremeling, and 30 minutes later, I had a driverside headlight with the worst cutoff ever seen! I have yet to try actually driving at night with this setup, but I'm sure oncoming traffic will love it.

I had some issue with the ebrake last event and after a few days of the car sitting in the garage, I noticed a puddle, which turned out to be brake fluid, behind the passenger rear wheel.

This poor caliper has definitely seen better days. I didn't have time to give it a nice clean so I just slapped some new o-rings and boot on and it seemed to have fixed the problem.

I took the car for a quick little pre-event test drive and everything felt perfect. I had take the opportunity to stop and take a couple dreary fall day pics just in case I fucked it up at the event haha

And then I went to the event and promptly fucked it up.

Just kidding, I only dragged my skirt and my front bumper around. No one cares about the cosmetic appearance of the underside of your aero, right????

I ended up running out of time to get an alignment before the event, so again I spent the morning adjusting the toe. Eventually I got it feeling pretty good, despite it pulling a bit, and got comfortable enough to throw some backies, which is all I've wanted to do for the last 6 years. I love this car so fucking much. It was well worth the wait.