View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 02:58 PM   #29
DEGUZZI
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
DEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to allDEGUZZI is a name known to all
2021 (Zilvia is back from the dead)

NOVEMBER

Welcome back, Zilvia.

Since the last update, there has been some big changes, but very gradual progress on the car. My new shift at work also still has me figuring out my day and seeing where I can squeeze time in to work on the car.

As much as I wanted to keep this OEM bumper, it's honestly not my first pick for a bumper. Furthermore, it's pretty far gone for me to invest the time it needs to be on par with the rest of the car.

So I picked up with G-Corp style from Duraflex; I knew I was gonna experiment some looks with it, and I was able to buy it locally and pick it up within a week so it was kind of a no-brainer for me vs the real thing.

Obviously the headlight gap was really bad, and fitment with metal fenders needed work. But with my new fenders it surprisingly fit even better.

Aftermarket on aftermarket usually needs work, and got the sides contoured to the fenders:

I've never liked the "horns" on G-Corp's bumper so I cut them off to keep my grille:

The horns were actually used as mounting points for the center section of the bumper, so I made a tie bar and fastened a center support to it to help hold the bumper up:

Some mounted pics:

I was able to find and fit these push clips that fixed all my mounting issues.

Not only were the gaps and sags cleaned up, but I can easily pop out my corner lights, release the clips, and slide the bumper off with only 4 of them.

The biggest hurdle is still the headlight gap:

I had a couple of ideas to go about it, and my least "invasive" method was to section the top part and fiberglass it in the new position:

If you can't tell, I love my clecos, lol:

Unfortunately this wasn't effective, so my next plan is to completely section the top portion and reconstruct it.

And I'm not sure if it's common knowledge yet, but OEM fender grommets and screws fit perfectly in the headlights for the GTR grille to mount to:

-------------

Last edited by DEGUZZI; 04-03-2022 at 06:23 PM..
DEGUZZI is offline   Reply With Quote