View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 10:34 PM   #22306
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
I have a Ka-t, if I run my PCV to a port on my intake post-MAF, would that be considered unmetered air? The valve cover is just a breather filter and I'm running a catch can between the PCV valve and intake.
No. The factory routing is to the intake manifold, which is post-MAF. To the intake pipe post-MAF is no different.

Quote:
Another small question in addition. I haven't gotten my KA-t to run very well and it runs super rich. at first my wideband read 10 at idle, now it reads nothing but 14.8 at all times which is definitely not the case. Can running super rich foul out a wideband O2 sensor?
Yes. If you have an AEM, read the manual. It says exactly that. I had an AEM sensor wear out from running rich after 2 summers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
One more question: can on get a straight answer in which vehicle I need to find in a junkyard to get a plug and play 4.36 ring and pinion for S13? I cannot find a direct simple answer
Because there isn't a simple direct answer. Certain ~2000 Nissan trucks (Pathfinder, Xterra, Frontier) with the HG43, HG46 or HG49 axle codes have the desirable ratios. These all use an R200A front diff. But different models and trim levels have ratios: 3.7, 4.3, 4.6 and 4.9. Go on car-part.com and mess around with the models and years and you will see the ratios available. But the R&P swap is not "plug and play". The pinion bearing and crush sleeve need to be swapped over from the S-chassis pinion to the new pinion.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote