View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 11:04 AM   #889
super.trick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
super.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enoughsuper.trick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
If I had pop ups, I would be less concerned with how they look than I did when I retrofitted my bricks, as they're down during the day time, and who can see them when the lights are on? My buddy put Morimoto Mini H1's in his pop ups, but they're clear lenses so not the look you're going for.

And cmon now...I think every 240 guy in MA knows and inspection guy..
Haha I used to, but now both my guys have cameras in their garages and can't do anything for me.

That said, there were probably 10 things wrong with my daily this year, but they checked the brakes first, failed it, then stopped the test. When I brought it back they only checked that I repaired the brakes and passed it.
Might have to orchestrate something similar with the 240 cause god knows there are about 4,632,314 potential violations.

As for the lights... you're not wrong. 95% of the time they are off they are indeed down. But I'm OCD about details and want them looking fly for that 5% I guess.

The H1's are the smaller projector I posted dimensions for... probably the best option for a 5x7 that's got limited space behind it.
I'm also looking at OE E55 Projectors cause they are made by Hella and may share design/mounting features with whatever projector comes in the housing, making the whole job easier. They also go for $25 on Ebay so perfect to experiment with.

I don't mean to knock all clear lense retrofits, some can look really good. I just don't like the look for my car. I always liked this clear glass lense (Nokya housing) retrofit using E55 shrouds. These were made by a guy on Club4AG years back.

EDIT: I should receive the headlights within a month

Last edited by super.trick; 02-18-2020 at 11:43 AM..
super.trick is offline   Reply With Quote