View Single Post
Old 10-26-2006, 09:01 AM   #96
WhiteGLX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
WhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to allWhiteGLX is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to WhiteGLX Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteGLX
sounds like a pretty good suspension setup. Same with engine, i just dont see the need for the 2871R if your not going to use it, might aw well stil with T28 with alil more boosta and get better response out of it. Tuning, get away from that SAFC, i haed mine after 2 years of usig it, i have an AEM EMS ill be using next year with some fnacy tning and still low boost, but its an addition to the setup i can use for years and have complete reliability with tuning.

Heat wrap is always a good idea, and ducting always helps keep things cool, incomming air and getting the hot air out as well. I run about 170* average on a hot track sessions. with ducting and no heat wrapping of anything. I need to wrap my downpipe so that i dont melt the bottom of my shoes anymore .

I use the hoosiers because i get them free and used, no better deal than free, since the porsche 944 cup guys are just dyin to get rid of them. Toyo bucks sound nice, but if i am buying new tires, i think ill go hoosier in the end since i hav heard alot fo complaining from teh racers whoare used to slicks that have tried RA-1's.

I knwo the 17" wheels have a very wide selection of wheels and tires, i wanna stay with 16" to try and keep my CG a little lower overall, if i cant stick with 16" wheels ill move up, but not until its neccessary.

As far as cavitation, i have never had an issue with it...at all, i have designed my entire setup around reliability, and so far its paid off 100%, not a single issue since i put the rebuilt motor in last December, running strong and makes great power at low boost, i think i did about 270whp at 14psi on my T28 boost was at about 3300rpm.. give or take 100rpm (its because of how i put the motor togeather, sshhhh dont tell anyone i have 9.0:1 comp. with a 100% stock engine).

I use my stock cluster because i dont wanan spend money on aftermarktet fuel and tach gauges yet...speedo is uneccessary, my shift light does all the talking for me, and i have all other neccessary gauges in the car to check on the engine when im on a straitaway.

post up some pictures of his cage, i know exactly how i plan to finish mine and how m going to gusset it, im just not going to do it until its time to set the car up for comp. Itll be too long to say wait and see, but this 8pnt bar is going to be the hawtness, you wait and see ...oops.

***NASA HPDE Instructor***
WhiteGLX is offline   Reply With Quote