View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #78
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
I sold my 92 w/ SR swap back in 2005 (bought the car in 2000), when the drift crazy was just starting to catch on. It's kind of funny that "drift tax" and "stupid Honduh guys wanting Nissans now" is still the same complaint as it was years ago. (Actually "stupid Honduh guys" is becoming a complaint on the G35/350Z forums now that prices are coming down. They even complain that they can't mod a G/Z on honda budgets... LOL)

When I decided I wanted to get another 240, nostalgia I guess, the search was a bit eye opening. Mostly it's really is getting hard to find one in good condition that hasn't been heavily modified and ratted out. But also mainly the people trying to sell stock 97-98 models for $8-10K because, "rare". Good to know the 97 I just picked up for less than $3k could turn a profit if needed.

Another thing to remember is that the prices for ALL used cars, not just 240s, have gone up in recent years due to the economy. People keeping cars on road longer, can't afford new ones, cash for clunkers, take your pick. KBB is a good gauge for cars less than 6-8 years old, after that it's really just a crap shoot of mileage and condition. KBB said my 97 was worth about 2 grand, edmund's TMV pegged it about 3.5. Take that for what it's worth.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote