View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #19
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Your point was that you've had a negative encounter with one person you perceive to be mentally ill and therefor they all should be locked up, correct? If that is incorrect please try and explain further.
Yes locked up. If no one is taking care of them they are a danger to themselves and to the rest of us. They are basically children - mentally ill that is. People with downs are not the mentally ill and i'm fully aware of it, but they are surprisingly strong. My friend had a sister who would take a hold of your arm or leg and would not let go, and my God she was strong for a 14 year old. You all act like i said it was totally fine to beat them up, you need to take into account that when cops beat these people up, its because they can't control them, and i'm sure in the middle of it all they sometimes lose it too. I'm not saying that's the case here or every scenario is the same, but until you deal with someone with downs you don't realize how much of a handful they are. I'm not supporting the beating in any way, i'm just saying the media twists things all the time, and it's not easy to control these people.
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote