Thread: NISMO lsd
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 12:49 AM   #24
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DriftR
I have the crap nismo, the $800 street one. The older SSS version and the new gt pro version are badass I hear, but the cheap one is weak sauce. Doesnt lock as hard or as fast as kaaz and tomei units. You can just tell its much milder than any other 2-way because its so quiet, doesnt even engage alot of times when other units would be making noise like crazy. After alot of hard track driving on both nismo and kaaz I definatly recommend the kaaz, and even with less time on both the older and newer tomei 2-ways I like them better than my Nismo as well. Dont get me wrong, the thing is waaaaaay better than gay vlsd, and is real easy to drive around town with, no clunking. Alot of people really love its mild characteristics.

huh? clunking means it not engaged yet its engage dissengage engage disengage (maening fucking not locked yet).
street nismo is quiet because locked, and the inside tire is 'ch ch ch ch'
my SSS is fucking quiet (no clunking) because its nearly always on lock (goes from none to full), unlike the Kaaz/tomei, yes i know you said sss/gt pro are on another level and they are.

anyways the nismo works great, dont see how you can rag on it. its far more used by people overseas (who track the car and beat on it harder then you) and is a extremely well built and working unit.

my friend has a street nismo. a few of them do. doesnt lock up well? haha..thats jsut bullshit.

cusco is noisy as shit too. but when it DOES lock is brutal.

me and my friends hvae been tracking and dd nismo units for 3 yaers to 6 years and wouldnt do it any other way. ive driven on kaaz units, i prefer the nismo not only for noise but how it feels

BUT BUT BUT
as everything else: PERSONAL PREFERENCE
no 'sponsor' bias shit either.
and a kaaz unit is often cheaper too.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote