View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 08:34 PM   #95
Nickpin12

Trader Rating: (0)
Nickpin12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Interested in selling voggards once new wheels are done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
Happy new year everyone! Finished up some other little stuff today and took the car for the first drive since swapping the DET into it. Car sounds insane, I've heard SR's without BOV's before, but with the 3in intake the surge is way louder than I have ever heard, once its tuned its going to sound absurd. Mismatched wheels since the 18in Pana's are still in bits and the 17's have too much tire to clear the front at lock.

Noticed some grinding noise as I pulled out, but decided I didn't care. When I got back I investigated and found the front outer tie rod is hitting the passenger side wheel barrel. Looks like its only hitting in one spot, guessing the wheel may have a slight bend in it because this was never an issue with the 8in pair I used to run. Don't mind the spider webs, most of the spiders are friendly

Car also stalled a few times on my little drive and I noticed the alternator wasn't charging. Really wasn't sure what could be wrong, did some forum digging and found the "Meter" fuse was pretty important and found mine blown. My dumbass left the cluster laying on the exposed dash bar, back shorted on the bar and was popping the fuse. Got that sorted and we were back in business.

Pretty excited that nothing blew up or leaked, once I get the wheel issue worked out I should be able to get the car to a tuner and actually enjoy it! Finished the day up by cleaning up the absolute disaster I made while working on the car, feels good to have everything tidy again.

Nickpin12 is offline   Reply With Quote