View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 06:15 PM   #98
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I know a thing or two about one step forward, two steps back! Haha. Looks good as always though, it'll be interesting to see what that turbo does.
Seems like I'm stuck in a loop of one step forward, two steps back Its the little things that can bring the entire process to halt...

Wastegate fitment is worked out, ground down the ear it was hitting on the compressor housing and everything lines up pretty well. Threw some compressed air into it and everything moves freely.

Drilled and tapped a 1/8NPT port into the turbo outlet for boost reference, decided to put it low on the outlet to keep a clean look. Really happy with it overall, need to throw some heat sleeve over it, but its got some good clearance from the manifold as is.

Intake manifold went back on the engine, hopefully for good this time. Fuel rail is back on with the Radium DMR and ID1050X's, really love how the short ID1050 and radium rail look on the Greddy manifold. Again I'm running more push lock fittings for vacuum to keep everything easily serviceable and reduce the need for zipties or clamps.

Got an Xcessive (short) shifter relocation for the Z32 trans, instructions kinda sucked. Got the old linkage cut off, pressed the little needle bearing caps out with the vice and it went on perfectly. I love the FS5R30A feeling and I shouldn't need to mess with or worry about this setup.