View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 12:14 AM   #103
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Revised my fuel line retainer again and came up with a much better looking design that is significantly more functional. Used the original retainer/metal bracket to model this part and ensure there won't be any fitment issues against the bottom the the chassis. This design is meant to use a metal zip tie to hold the upper and lower halves together, snugly clamping the hose. For the final part I wanted a much stronger material than basic PLA, upgraded my 3D printer to allow higher print temperatures and made a test part from reinforced nylon/carbon fiber filament. Part came out awesome!

With knowing the design was going to work, I revised the part one more time and added the brake line provision. Final part has a slightly revised fillet around the channel for the zip tie to allow for a cleaner print with less overhang as well. Will be making some of these tomorrow and test fitting them on the car!

Also finally set the car on the ground with an engine in it and the RG's on, seeing it at the correct ride height gets me more hyped to work on it!