View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 06:27 PM   #104
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Rainy day gave us a break from the summer heat and I decided to work on the S13 a bit.

First up was installing a pair of PBM Super Angle Knuckles to get rid of the GKTech RCC kit. Super stoked on these, no more issues with wheels hitting the fender/bumper/skirt and a good bit more useable angle.

Since the RCC kit is off, car lost about an inch of track width. Might need to make a pair of extended LCA's to make up for it, but we'll see once I get the wheels built.

Scored a Tomei Strut bar off YAJ recently, was itching to see it on the car, but things didn't go as planned. Its hitting the valve cover and fuel pressure regulator. Not sure if I am going to try to figure out a way to make it work or if it'll end up as wall art for now...

The Z32 harness I had seems like it'll work perfectly in this car, have to make a few changes, but overall everything fits. Exciting seeing it in the bay, not much left before I can start this for the first time!

Shifter setup for the Z32 transmission is done as well. Mixed and matched a few bits to avoid moving the shifter position and it worked out well. Maxworx adapter/crossmember/shifter and an Xcessive "short" bracket puts the shifter in almost the stock location and feels great.

Also decided to throw a pair of my 3D printed fuel line holders under the car with a few random AN lines to see how it all lined up. They are perfect, clips onto the brake line, firmly hold the -6an braided lines and sits nice and high to keep everything safe under the car. Considering re-designing them one more time to use a bolt to clamp the two halves, but I'm not sure if it will be as secure as the metal ziptie. Ignore the awful hardware, I haven't ordered the correct length cap head bolts.

Revised the intake setup a bit after removing the MAF, sits nice and tight to the frame rail.

The car without a kit was making we sad so I decided to pickup another DMAX Type 3 kit. Really love how this kit works with the aggressive Type 3 overs.