View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 04:54 PM   #228
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
I also got around to doing some throttle cable work. This is more or less how you get a nice clean throttle cable setup in a USDM S-chassis with a JZ swap. With this swap the intake manifold happens to be closer to the pedals because it?s on the opposing side compared to the KA or SR. This ends up causing the factory throttle cable to be way too damn long. Thanks to a post I found a long time ago here on Zilvia, someone mentioned swapping the cable out with one from a 1986 Toyota Tercel. As you can see in the picture, it?s a whole hell of a lot shorter than the S14 cable.

The only real difference is that the flange mounting holes are a little wider on the S14, which works out fine because it leaves room for modification. I started out by pulling back the rubber grommet on the Tercel cable.

I then used my Dremel to trim the outside of the holes out to match the diameter of the original hole.

This allowed me to stretch the grommet and fit the S14 mounting bracket inside.

The edges of where I cut out land right on top of the screw posts and keep the flange from twisting.

I?m still unsure if I want to use the stretched rubber grommet or take the old ass one off of the S14 cable and use that instead. Once the flange work was done I threw it back in the car to get it mocked up.

The length is damn near perfect, with no excess jacket, and it lands perfectly in the throttle cable bracket. There is a little bit of play in the cable itself so I am either going to have to make modifications to the pedal or the mounting bracket in order to make it fit 100%, but I?m super happy with the results so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk