View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 03:36 PM   #9
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
I wouldn't say Square, Heritage, Kansei, Cosmis, or Stage are particularly innovative. Most of them are using ripped off designs, which I suppose isn't all that uncommon within the JDM wheel world, but still - not a way I'd want to make a name for myself...

Honestly, SSR seems to be the only company continually putting out cool new designs while everyone else is rehashing 30 year old designs to sell at a premium to nostalgic 90's a e s t h e t i c goobers (though they have been doing a bit of the reboot thing as well). Rays has just been coasting on the success of the te37 for 20 years lol

In my mind, reps cover the $300-$1000 price range, the real wheel resale market covers $1000-$2000, and BNIB real wheels cover $2000+. I think that 1-2k market is just super tough. When people see a used set of SP1's for the same price as a BNIB set of 57dr's and they'll take the SP1's all day. There's more perceived value in buying something that was originally over $2k than buying something new that's only $1600, which I figure has something to do with why many reputable brands don't really offer anything in that price range.