Thread: 71' s30
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 04:25 PM   #103
ROGUE_RB
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ROGUE_RB is an unknown quantity at this point
WARNING PIC HEAVY LOL..Build update… its been a while and pics will reflect that, but non the less there has been constant progress on the datsun.

I have enclosed the large hole in the rear where my spare tire once use to go. This covers the fuel cell and provides a mounting area. I am also trying to utilize the factory fuel door instead of having to lifting the hatch to fill the tank.

I have completely stripped smoothed and finished all areas of the underbody/engine bay. POR-15 was first laid in the engine bay then scuffed and factory silver then sprayed. Underbody is still POR-15 as it’s somewhat durable and has a nice finish. As for the interior the floor was coated then prepped and bed liner used to give a textured look and some grip.

Made a few little pieces along the way.. Custom flip switch/din panel, fuel pump/ filter mount, custom outer tie rods with heims- little longer than stock but not by much. Also had a custom driveshaft made locally to connect the rb25 trans to s14 diff.

Custom pedal/master mount and gas pedal to adapt to s14 throttle cable

last image shows the remote reservoirs mounted under the inspecton panel. I wanted to run a race style pedal setup mainly to keep the heat away from the brake fluid. Running 3” exhaust turbo back and turbo sitting close to the factory booster/master setup just didn’t sit well with me.

Body work has begun.. Took a break from it leading up to the birth of my son and haven’t gotten back to it as of yet, but I will be soon. I stripped both doors and the drivers side was fairly decent just needs a patch at the bottom. As for the passenger door it had 3 layers of paint on top of 1/4” of bondo, previous owner didn’t like to pop dents out I guess..

This little guy arrived in the mail the other day, other parts are slowly rolling in as well.

Progress continues
ROGUE_RB is offline   Reply With Quote