View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 12:56 PM   #30
alex_s817
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
alex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-knownalex_s817 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
The motor is out the car, but I would be running a KA compressor.
Cool, shouldn't be an issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ8 944 View Post
I'm in. RB w/ AC is basically something everyone needs.
I couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddrum13 View Post
Sounds good to me bud. Shoot me a PM for contact info.
thanks! PM Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjNightshade View Post
I would definitely love to have AC again in my RB25 S14. Any chance of offering different shapes or sizes of condenser to allow mounting in different areas?

Very interested in more info.
Different condenser sizes are doable for sure. I'm attempting to make this particular kit with the most common specifications in mind to fit a broad range of swapped cars, however I would love to do a short and wide condenser that can be used with the rywire/chasebays tucked radiators. Once I have this version finished, its really only a matter of changing hose lengths/condenser mounting brackets to make something work for you. If you have an idea in mind, throw it at me and lets see what we can make happen. Even if I can't make a kit for you, I can certainly help you out and point you in the right direction to get those vents blowing cold air again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurentj23 View Post
Sikky is the only company that I know that makes ac line for ls swap. If you make a kit and is cheaper than sikky, I'm sure a lot of us will be interested.
I saw their lines not too long ago. They have good stuff and part of the reason for their high price is the likely because of the billet adapter fittings that they include, unfortunately those are not cheap to machine. Using a new condenser allows us to avoid the need for most of those, plus I cant stand the idea of using the 20 year old condenser configuration when everything else in the engine bay has been re-done. I 100% intend to offer an LSx compatible version with a new condenser/drier included, but for those not looking to change from the stock condenser, the Sikky kit is a nice option.