View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #46
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post
I love how people all the time point out that they can take and old ass car and build it to beat a new car. No shit, but you are still left driving a shit box that isn't worth anything and the GTr owner would be driving something new, nice, with a warranty, and it would be worth something even though it has depreciated considerably. This argument can be said about any old ass car.
I still can't believe you guys think a 911, evo, fd, skyline are "shit boxes", "glorified econoboxes", and "toasters". The CT9A (evo) chassis is amazing. Mitsubishi has been developing the evo since 92 to compete in the WRC. They have put a lot of r&d into it. Just because they and subaru came up with the bright idea to still make money on what would have been a low production chassis by sell it with crap parts as a lancer and impreza. Just like what nissan does with the skyline. You can't compare a lancer and evo not even close in any way. Have you ever taken an evo apart. The VIII/IX is amazing. All 10 suspension arms are forged aluminum. Not a fan of the brembo brakes but that is an easy 20min upgrade. The 4g63 can handle 500hp and built 1000hp.

I really don't get it... you call an 06 an "old ass car". So an 06 zo6 is an "old ass car".

Let's say a stock gt-r can run similar lap times as a "old ass" stock c6 z06. This is as close as I can get to real life numbers for the gt-r.

Stock c6 Zo6 does 1m 05 sec lap times at lime rock park
Semi built evo VIII does 57sec lap times at lime rock park
57sec evo video> [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhD9ozlf9Xk[/ame]

That was a GT3 cup car it went by...

I can post evo's doing 8's in the 1/4 but that is gay. I hate the 1/4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampachino View Post
GTR will probably only increase in value after five years or so. Any cant we all just get along
I wouldn't count on it, but who knows. Do you know what a new zo6 went for when it came out and what you can get one for today? There is a reason why 99% of car collectors who are in it for investment don't own new cars. We are getting along I just have a very different opinion on the entire car market.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com