View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 12:41 AM   #94
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty_s13 View Post
SAVE THEM. I regret cutting for overs
there's just something about that factory metal.
i mean, i'm all for factory metal. hate when people put overs on perfectly good quarters, but there's definitely a time and a place for overs haha

found a lot more filler than i expected. impressed that somehow none of it cracked. there was a bit of rust underneath it though. there's a line of rust near the door that seems to nearly be all the way through. kinda makes me scared to pull the dents out.

there was also a TON of filler on the back of the qp. a few inches below the tail light and down was coated with about 1.5mm of filler/paint and up to about 4mm in some spots took a long ass time to get it all off of there. also found several spots of rust and the metal is warped as hell. i really don't see any saving it. even getting it good enough to fit an over without being all wavy is gonna take some time.

but yeah, so i made a list today. very overwhelmed at the moment, but i know i've been in worse shape with shorter deadlines so it should all work out just fine haha

-straighten qp for overs
-cut qp
-modify overs
-design/install vents for fenders
-modify mirrors to fit
-modify tube front for lights
-fix hood latch
-design/install bumper fitment guides + corner light bracket
-splitter
-windshield
-paint
-clutch