View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 09:43 PM   #129
91 240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
91 240 is on a distinguished road
So yet again another long gap between updates. This is going to have a few changes over the past 2 years.

I ditched my entire cooling setup and started over, however looking back i might have actually ended up being a dead Optima battery. It would hold a charge but as it heated up it would slowing start dropping. Oh well, new battery and these changes have been good so far.

Ended up with a slightly large Griffin Dual Pass radiator with Derale dual fans. I had to notch about 1/2" out of one of the end tanks to get it to fit within the frame rails.

I had to push the radiator as far forward as i could, which meant relocating the headlight motors using the Auto-Collect Storm brackets

With the larger radiator/fan combo, i had to redo my turbo setup. I had to pull it in about 2" closer to the motor to clear the fan shroud. Stuck with the same 2.5" stainless

Ditched my old ebay FMIC for a Treadstone TR1245 31x12.5x4.5

Then made some new IC piping. Got some good practice on my aluminum welding.

From there I wanted to finish my exhaust. I used my Trust DD and made a jig to step up the piping size.

Trust DD is 3" > two 2.5" > two 3.5" tips.
My exhaust is 3.5" > two 3" > two 3.5 > tips using a Vibrant Race Muffler

Little idle clip
https://youtu.be/lyLGZJe_ceA

I did a little suspension work. Finally added the SPL mono bearings i've had sitting for a while. Z32 uprights, lower shock bearings as well as all 3 rear arm bearings.

Little cleaning, before and after

Got some new rear wheels and tires, same style just went 17x10.5 +27 with 275/40's to 18x10 +40 with 285/35's. The 17's were too wide and didn't want to try pulling the fenders that much. With the 18's I ended up only having to do a mild roll/pull...maybe 1/2". Gained almost 1.5" of suspension travel

Before

During

After

I just finished up my turbo intake piping. Needed to get creative with some pie cuts to get it where i needed it. This took about 6 hours of welding

I should be finishing up my front suspension this weekend. Koni yellows to replace the KYB AGX's i had with the Ground Control coilovers. Adding T3 camber plates and their upper spring hats

Got a new bumper that's going to need some work to fit. VIS Racing knock off of the Version Select V4

Pretty much how it sits right now.

I have a few more little things to wrap up before i'm ready to have it tuned again. Hopefully something in the next couple of months.