View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #20
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
so i take it this wont work for KA's... fuck man, no one ever has cool stuff for ka's
KA's actually luck out on this one, as it's a bolt on affair for you guys! Lucky lucky! Google 'quest alternator on ka24' for some guides

I'd love to sell ya one, but you don't need it hehe Tell your SR buddies though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvs2slide View Post
That would be tanfastic...what would be the total damage? I probably might want to get two, to have one as a backup. Please let me know. Thanks.
I'll check here in a bit and PM you back. Do you prefer new or used from ebay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
VG30E and VG33E, SOHC not the DOHC.
Ahhh I did overlook that! Cheers! Beers on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR240Z84 View Post
In all honesty, would I need to do this if my car is just a simple SR20 making like 300HP? I don't have HID's and I don't have any stereo system . . . . just wondering is all
Well, the answer to this is two fold.

One the front, the honest answer: No it's probably not needed. With simple setups, the factory alternator is (as designed at the factory) equipped well enough to do the job.

HOWEVER in the same respect, it may be worthwhile to check or log your car in the upper rev range under load to see if it's putting out the correct voltage.

Now if you have a bad alternator, and are replacing one, to me it would be a worthwhile consideration to upgrade. You can find alternators used and on ebay fairly cheap (if not for less than what people are asking for old SR20 ones), and the kit is not much more on top, plus it comes with a new belt (25 dollars cost give or take) as well. To me, it's worthwhile to go with a much newer alternator at that point than to put another, much older, one on.

So again, the truth is: No you probably don't. It's not going to hurt anything, and is a nice viable option in the event your SR one is on the way out Much like I said to the KA guy, I'd love to just say 'yes you need one' but the truth is that would be a lie hehe. Just lookin out for ya!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy