View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 08:46 AM   #24
AKADriver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond reputeAKADriver has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low180 View Post
Is this still working for you? I'm in Aus and am looking at doi g the same. But just wanna check before I order all the parts from America

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
You should be able to use similar parts from a local model? Frontier is what we call the D22 Nissan/Datsun ute. The model they're using had a VG33E.

Wait, didn't you have an S14 or S15 200SX sold straight from the factory? That should be all you need, or are those parts discontinued?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90
I don't think there are r12 and r134a specific parts for these cars.
Just correcting a common error: there are R134a-specific S13 parts for the US. May 1993 and later built S13 240SXs ('94 verts and a few late '93 hatches, including mine, as far as I can tell) have a completely different A/C system. I don't know if the evaporator and condenser are actually different in terms of flow/specs but they have different part numbers. The compressor looks like an S14 KA compressor and of course all the fittings are R134a.

I think '94-up 180SXs are R134a, also, not sure when Japan phased it in for the home market.
AKADriver is offline   Reply With Quote