View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 12:00 PM   #12
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
My car was my daily driver and also my track car. I had two issues over eight years of tracking the car- one time, it wouldn't start when cold, which rectified itself, then another time my exhaust fell off. That was it. Never even took the valve cover off in those eight years.

I brought everything you brought along with a jack and jack stands with 2x12x12 blocks of wood to put under the stands if the day is hot and the asphalt is soft. Plus two rolls of high-quality duct tape and several sizes of zip ties.

Go through the car and address all deferred maintenance. Upgrade your cooling system with quality parts and use good coolant. Know your car.

Be mechanically sympathetic and set limits for yourself. You can develop as a driver without destroying the car.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote