View Single Post
Old 06-19-2023, 02:48 PM   #13
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
My car was my daily driver and also my track car. I had two issues over eight years of tracking the car- one time, it wouldn't start when cold, which rectified itself, then another time my exhaust fell off. That was it. Never even took the valve cover off in those eight years.

I brought everything you brought along with a jack and jack stands with 2x12x12 blocks of wood to put under the stands if the day is hot and the asphalt is soft. Plus two rolls of high-quality duct tape and several sizes of zip ties.

Go through the car and address all deferred maintenance. Upgrade your cooling system with quality parts and use good coolant. Know your car.

Be mechanically sympathetic and set limits for yourself. You can develop as a driver without destroying the car.
I think your experience at the track is not the typical experience. If I - or anyone here - had eight years of basic shit going wrong, we probably aren't driving hard enough or even driving enough period. I don't break my car every event, but I also do 10-15 events a year most of which are multiple days. Shit is going to break, I promise.

If you're doing an event a year or whatever, sure. Don't bring anything. If you are thrashing out there, tandeming, and wheeling it like you're in the zone, there isn't a God in existence that will save you from breaking shit.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote