View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #644
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaMervaj View Post
370z? I can get a z33 (350z?) diff.. z33 are 3.5 ratio right? It's a KA-T but I'm not sure how much power it's making... I definitely don't want the car to feel sluggish..

Thanks for the quick response. I'm glad guys are still on here!

Eh, just drive it with the 4.08. People put way too much thought into the gearing and rear ratio and think it’s going to be miserable and everything else. I don’t even notice it. I mean yea at 80, you’re running a bit high on revs but it’s not out of the norm for Japanese “sports” cars. IE Miatas and b series Honda’s with type r gearsets. Yes that’s completely different but my point is, just drive it, see how you like it, then maybe change if you don’t enjoy it but don’t be scared of it. People make it out like it’s WAYYYY high and stuff like that. It’s not. I actually really like the 4.08 on the street and I’m at basically 500whp but run around 400most of the time. I’d like to try a 3.69 or 3.54 for the faster tracks and it would be fun for long pulls but short snappy acceleration and tight tracks, the 4.08 is a blast. I stick it in 3rd and ride on things like OSW’s skidpad if you’re familiar with that from AdamLZ, Quanbeck, or Taylor Ray’s videos. They run it a lot. Kind of gives you an idea, I run that course completely in 3rd with the 4.08 and can do it just fine even with the boost really low. So I say, get it, try it, and then report back! But I think it might surprise you, especially if it’s lower powered