Old 01-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #63
RBMadess
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
RBMadess is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
1. Have you driven a z06? zr1? base?

2. Don't bother asking, I know you have't.

10 technological generations behind? Please entertain me with your idiocy. Efficiency and simplicity >* Why package 4 cams and weight into something that is PROVEN not to out perform the traditional LSX???

I guess it sounds cool to say OHC. I'd rather say "it hauls ass".
This is 2011... do you get direct injection?? NO. Do you get Variable cam timing??? NO Variable Valve lift? NO.

Any moron could take a high displacement v8, slap a supercharger and make 600hp.

I have driven a z06, c5 and c6. its about as exciting to drive as my infiniti.
How is a forced induction v8 engine that makes 102.9 hp per liter considered efficient?? a naturaly aspriraded honda F20 4 cylinder engine makes 123hp per liter... simple, yes. Simple as a truck engine invented in the 1800's. And if you want to divide those numbers by the number of pistons to paint a clearer picture of how efficient the ls9 is, well that would just be embarrassing. And just tho throw this out there... GTR makes 80.8 hp per cylinder, LS9 makes 79.5 and these are 2009 numbers, the 2012 GTR makes 530hp

Why package 4 cams?? because it makes for a better engine. You could manage valve event much better and yield much better powerband. Just because chevy can't make a proper DOHC V8 doesn't mean that a pushrod engine dominates the world, it just means chevy guys are lazy. Ask yourself why the rest of the world builds dohc engines, do a little research outside the chevy fanboy forums. I hope my idiocy entretained you.
RBMadess is offline   Reply With Quote