View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #59
techn9ne
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
techn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the roughtechn9ne is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to techn9ne
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
techn9ne, you're the man. I'll try to get the S13 ref'd instead of just selling it/paying the fine.

So on my g/f's car, should I just reset the CEL and try to smog it first, before buying a new cat? Maybe the 100k mile cat can still pass? Most places are still "pass or you don't pay" right?
dont do that. when you reset the CEL light (aka disconnect the battery) on an obd 2 car, all the monitors are reset in the ECU, and must be run again. (catalyst monitor, evaporative monitor, 02 sensor monitor etc) if the smog machine notices that more than 2 of these monitors are incomplete (there are usually around 6 or so) it will fail you anyway. what i would try is to reset the check engine light and drive about 75-100 miles. if it doesnt come on after that, try and get it smog'd. if it does, try and find a friend with a scan tool and see if its the same code.
techn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote