View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #4
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaddock View Post
Cool idea man, this reminds me of my turbo KA tutorial. 240's have been around so long at this point, you could probably create quite a comprehensive guide to everything and anything you want done on one.

Some constructive feedback, starting your guide with info on the 4 to 5 lug swap reads a little odd. Maybe talk more about the car wikipedia style first, then what to look for in a 240, common problem areas, then maybe tips and tricks?
When I think of looking for a 240sx, the first thing I notice about the car is the 4 or 5 lug wheels on it. If I was intending to drive the car stock, I would probably just leave the 4-lug on it, but thats usually because I am trying to avoid the swap, especially on the rear. It just isnt fun knocking those things off. So I figured it would be of primary interest / importance to the buyer to consider the car as a possible future 5-lug, or a permanent 4-lug car. If I was going to buy a 4-lugger and change it over to a 5-lug, I would do it RIGHT AWAY, and knowing how to approach it is important; Many folks will do a quick search and find the knock off hubs for cheap and figure it an easy job.

nevertheless, no two people think alike, and I can already see its going to be a common curiosity leaving it up top. So noted, Ive moved it down quite a bit

Feel free to re-arrange it, by no means is this any kind of set in stone final draft paper. Its just basically a nice list of things you can take with you to look at a car. How many times Ive gone to see a car and forgotten to examine a specific point on that car properly, because there are just too many things.