View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 03:25 AM   #102
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Hi, I drive S-chassis and M3's explicitly so this thread is pretty sick lol

I run this mix in my E36/46 M3's transmissions with SMFW's. Redline is good stuff but you don't necessarily *HAVE* to use that brand if you don't want to. Just follow the mix otherwise. Friends and I run this in 200-450whp cars with great success. Most of us are not gentle with our equipment.

Gearing setups I run in my m3's:
ZF 5-speed: I run 3.38 in NA street cars or turbo cars. 3.64 in NA canyon/track stuff. All these cars usually rev to ~7250RPM.
ZF 6-speed: I run 4.10 in my S54 cars alllll day. ~8100RPM redline 300-340whp. Might go a tad longer with an SR though, but i'd probably try a welded 4.08 out to see how it goes lol.

Mileage on these things is irrelevant if it came out of a car that was well maintained and driven properly. They're stout. Service the detent components while it's out though

I highly encourage people who want to go fast to do DCT swaps. My 500whp E90 M3 feels way too fast for the power level, the shifts are so swift and blissful. Sequential-fast shifts with streetable characteristics *chef's kiss*. If you want to drift still, there are ECU systems that allow you to configure CBW (clutch-by-wire) which is pretty nifty. Very tempting tbh. I'd love to have a more purist themed build and then a K-swapped turbo DCT build. Maybe some day. Cool clip one Cool clip two Cool clip three

Bimmer (Bim-ur) is car. Beemer (Beam-ur) is motorbike.